Bible Truth FAQs
THERE IS A PATTERN
When Moses was about to build the tabernacle, he was admonished, "See that thou make all things according to the pattern showed to thee in the mount" (Heb. 8:5). People say, "You talk about the New Testament church. How may we recognize it?" Take a look at the pattern:
1. Christ the builder (Matt. 16:18), its foundation (I Cor.
3:11), its head (Col. 1:18), its owner (Acts 20:28).
2. Established in Jerusalem (Isa. 2, Micah 4, Acts 2).
3. Established in A.D. 33 on the first Pentecost after the resurrection of Christ (Acts 2).
4. No creed but Christ, no authority but the Bible (Matt. 15:9).
5. Members called Christians with no additional descriptive terminology needed (Acts 11:26).
6. Members added by the Lord (Acts 2:41,47).
7. Entrance requirements repentance and remission of sins (Acts 2:38,41).
8. Local congregations autonomous (self-governing, subject only to Christ).
These are not all but enough to compare with modern man-made institutions. Does your religion conform to the pattern? If not, perhaps you will want to consider a legitimate relationship with Christ.
[ Home Page ] [ FAQ Index ]