Bible Truth FAQs
THE CHURCH JESUS BUILT
Test your Bible knowledge on the following questions:
1. How many churches did Jesus promise to build?
2. When did his church have its beginning?
3. Who prophesied (Old Testament) that this would take place during the divided state of the Roman Empire?
4. Where did the church have its beginning?
$. Approximately how many disciples were there at the time the church was established?
6. What special occasion were the Jews observing on the day when the church was established?
7. Who preached the message of the gospel of Christ to the multitudes on this occasion?
8. How many joined the church on its first day?
9. What did the church cost?
10. What name should the church (the bride of Christ) wear?
ANSWERS AND REFERENCES TO QUIZ -THE CHURCH JESUS BUILT
1. Only one. Matt. 16:18.
2. On the first Pentecost following the resurrection of Christ. Acts 2.
3. Daniel. Daniel 2.
4. Jerusalem. Acts 2 (See prophecies of Isaiah 2, Joel 2, Micah 4).
5. About 120. Acts 1:15.
6. Pentecost. Acts 2:1.
7. The Apostles. Acts 2:4-14.
8. None "joined" the church. The Bible says nothing about joining. Members were added by the Lord when they obeyed the gospel message. Acts 2:38, 41, 47. About 3,000 were added the first day. Acts 2:41.
9. Jesus purchased the church with his blood. Acts 20:28.
10. Christians. Acts 11:26; Rom. 16:16.
[ Home Page ] [ FAQ Index ]